Life is Good ! The only thing I can whine about is that we had to pay on our income taxes this year. We're all healthy, my son Donnie and his wife Nikki are expecting twins after ONE fertility treatment. My other son Jon and his wife Gina are coming in for a visit next week. If there is a something that's bothering me, it's that my daughter Lisa is so busy with her new husband Arturo and his family , she's kinda put our family to the side. Maybe it's symptom of growing older?
I've been getting more and more involved into church. Thanks to Bill Carroll. I was content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. I mentioned to Bill that maybe I wanted to try something. He talked me into greeting. I did that most of last year. Last summer i got into setting up and tearing down the stage at Naperville North HS. Out of that and through word of mouth I've been volunteering as a photographer. In fact, last Sunday our pastor Brian put 2 pictures of Wentz Hall I took on the big screen. Pretty cool.
I've turned from a cynical introverted person into a feeling, hopefully more compassionate man through new friendships I made with 2 women battling cancer. One is a struggling mother of 3 and the other is the most mature 18 year old I've ever known. They sure have turned me into a praying fool ! I know one day soon they'll both be well, they know that Jesus and I are tight!
It' s been almost 2 1/2 years of marriage and I'm more in love with Molly today than the day we married. She's such a lady when she needs to be and in an instant she can become a burping funny Richie Daley speaking southsider. And at all times the most beautiful woman around. She lets me do what I want but she tells me when I'm being stupid too. she is the prefect wife. So this is what being blessed feels like!!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hurray, you finally blogged! I love it!
ReplyDelete